The Huron Perth Lakers
Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 25th, 2022, @ 6:30 pm
in the Mansbridge Lounge (Rotary Complex). The AGM is open to all Huron-Perth
Lakers families, executive members, and the general public.
The following positions are open for nomination:
President (term ended)
Candidates for President must have served as a member of the Board of Directors for not less than one (1) of the three (3) years immediately before nomination.
Vice-President (term ended)
Vice-Presidents shall be elected by the Board of Directors from among their number at the board's first meeting after the annual election of such Board of Directors. Candidates for Vice-President shall have served on the Board of Directors of the Corporation in at least one (1) of the immediately preceding two (2) years.
Director of Fundraising & Special Events (term ended)
Director of U18 Hockey (term ended)
Director of Communications (term ended)
Stratford Sports Council Rep (term ended)
Director at Large (term ended)
- All positions shall have a term of two (2) years renewable through an election. After one year, any director may leave their position by notifying the President at least sixty (60) days before the next AGM.
The Board of Directors shall appoint the following positions each year by majority vote. The appointments shall be in effect until the next AGM or until resignation or dismissal:
Director of Player and Coach Development
Nominations for members of the Board of Directors must be submitted to Shonyn Coward (Vice President) at [email protected] no later than May 11th, 2022, after which nominations shall be closed. A list of nominees will be posted on the Huron-Perth Lakers website by May 18th, 2022.
Eligibility For Board Positions:
- Any member holding the position of Head Coach for a Huron Perth Lakers team is not entitled to hold a position on the Board of Directors during the same season.
- Each nomination must contain the consent of the nominee and the nominator.
- A member can stand for nomination for no more than one (1) position.
Amendments To Constitution
- Notice of proposed amendments to the Constitution or By-Laws must be submitted to Brenyn Hodge (Secretary) at [email protected] no later than April 10th, 2022. The Secretary shall notify all members of the proposed amendments by April 25th, 2022.
- Amendments to the Constitution or By-Laws may only be made at the AGM by a two-thirds (2/3's) vote of the eligible voting members. Notwithstanding Article 7.9, the giving of notice provided therein may be waived at the Annual General Meeting by a 2/3's majority vote