The Huron Perth Lakers Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday, May 29th, 2023, @ 6:30 pm at the Rotary Complex. The AGM is open to all Huron-Perth Lakers families, executive members, and the general public.
The following positions are open for nomination:
Secretary (term ended)
Treasurer (term ended)
Registrar (term ended)
Director of Risk Management (term ended)
Director of Hockey Operations (term ended)
Director of Tournaments (term ended)
Stratford Sports Council Rep (Resigned)
- All positions shall have a term of two (2) years renewable through an election. After one year, any director may leave their position by notifying the President at least sixty (60) days before the next AGM.
The Board of Directors shall appoint the following positions each year by majority vote. The appointments shall be in effect until the next AGM or until resignation or dismissal:
Director of Player and Coach Development
Nominations for members of the Board of Directors must be submitted to Shonyn Coward (Vice President) at [email protected] no later than May 15th, 2023, after which nominations shall be closed. A list of nominees will be posted on the Huron-Perth Lakers website by May 22nd, 2023.
Eligibility For Board Positions:
- Any member holding the position of Head Coach for a Huron Perth Lakers team is not entitled to hold a position on the Board of Directors during the same season.
- Each nomination must contain the consent of the nominee and the nominator.
- A member can stand for nomination for no more than one (1) position.
Amendments To Constitution
- Notice of proposed amendments to the Constitution or By-Laws must be submitted to Brenyn Hodge
(Secretary) at [email protected] no later than May 15th, 2023. The Secretary shall notify all members of the proposed amendments by May 22nd, 2023.
- Amendments to the Constitution or By-Laws may only be made at the AGM by a two-thirds (2/3's) vote of the eligible voting members. Notwithstanding Article 7.9, the giving of notice provided therein may be waived at the Annual General Meeting by a 2/3's majority vote