Nike Bauer Issues Stick Recall Due to Lead Paint Concerns
Submitted By cmetzger on Sunday, March 21, 2010
Bauer Hockey has issued a stop sale notice to retailers in North America asking them to remove the following 11* models from their shelves...
Bauer Junior & Youth Stick Stop Sell Affected Models – North America
· Nike Bauer Supreme One90 Youth and Junior Stick (sticks, shafts, & replacement blades)
· Nike Bauer Supreme One50 Junior Stick (sticks, shafts and replacement blades)
· Nike Bauer Supreme One40 Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer Supreme One70 Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer/Bauer Supreme One75 Junior Stick (player and goalie sticks)
· Nike Bauer/Bauer Vapor XX Junior Stick (player and goalie sticks)
· Nike Bauer Supreme LTX Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer Apollo Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer Supreme Force Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer Vapor XVI Junior Stick
· Nike Bauer Supreme Accel Junior Stick
Bauer Hockey is recalling about 100,000 kids' hockey sticks over lead concerns. Thirteen models of sticks failed to meet the acceptable standard for lead content following a Health Canada test back in February. Health Canada told Bauer that paint on a randomly selected stick had tested high.
The company has issued a global stop sale order on the 11 models and is telling parents of kids with the sticks to call 1-888-734-0443. Bauer says it will take the sticks back and replace them with a free, elite level stick.
*Bauer had initially included the Nike Bauer Vapor XXX Lite “Woody” Junior Stick and the Nike Quest Apollo Junior Blade among the products subject to the stop sale notice on a precautionary basis while awaiting tests results for these two products. Bauer has since received test results that show both products satisfy the applicable consumer product safety standards in the U.S. and Canada.