Huron-Perth Lakers AAA Hockey Association
2022/23 AAA Tryout Registration
2022/23 AAA Tryout Fees
U10 (2013) – U11 (2012)
Early Bird Price: $40.00
Standard Price: $50.00
U12 (2011) – U16 (2007)
Early Bird Price: $90.00
Standard Price: $100.00
U14 - U16 Early Bird Expires: Apr 17th
U10 - U13 Early Bird Expires: Aug 28th
Online Registration Links
U10 - U13 AAA Registration Link:
Available August 8th, 2022
Tryout Dates & Schedule
U14 - U16 Tryouts:
April 25th - May 1st
U10 - U13 Tryouts:
Sept 10th - 16th
Tryout Information Package
General Tryout Information
Tryout Fees must be paid in advance, or the player will not be permitted to participate.
- Payment methods accepted are by credit card only (Visa or Mastercard).
- Our payment platform uses a fully encrypted authentication service.
- Payments via Cash, Cheque, or pre-authorized Debit will NOT be accepted.
- Huron-Perth Lakers will accept walk-ins; however, you will be required to register prior and pay online.
- Any player U14 - U16 registered for the first scheduled evaluation will be entitled to a minimum of 2 skates.
- Any player U10 - U13 registered for the first scheduled evaluation will be entitled to a minimum of 3 skates.
- Any player registered after the first scheduled evaluation may be released after a minimum of 1 skate.
- Tryout fees are non-refundable or transferrable once processed.
A player who registers with a Minor Division Team in the previous season will have the option of remaining with the Club the Player Registered within that previous season, or the Player may return to their residential AAA Club/Zone.
- Players must be released back to their residential AAA Club/Zone at the end of each full Division, up to and including U13.
- Players U14 level and above will have the option to remain with their previously registered AAA Club/Zone or return to their home AAA Club/Zone to tryout.
Body Checking Clinic
Stratford Minor Hockey will be hosting two (2) Body Checking Clinics before tryouts. All 2009 born players including goalies trying out are required to complete one of these clinics. Registration will be available on the SMHA website on a first-come-first-served basis. A link to complete the Off-Ice Course and Sign-Off form will be sent to the registered email address. There is a $25.00 fee payable to [email protected]
Session #1: Friday, April 22nd
Off-Ice: Online Self-Facilitated Course
On-Ice: Rink A - 6:00PM - 7:00PM
Session #2: Saturday, April 23rd
Off-Ice: Online Self-Facilitated Course
On-Ice: Rink A - 4:00PM - 5:00PM
Registration Link: Body Checking Clinic Registration Form
All players tryout out for the Huron-Perth Lakers must provide one of the following documents to be permitted on the ice.
1. Permission to Tryout Form
Any player from the Huron-Perth Lakers AAA zone wishing to participate in AAA tryouts must obtain a Permission to Tryout Form from their local home center.
**This is also mandatory for players returning to the Huron-Perth Lakers Hockey Association from last season**
2. OHF AAA F1 Waiver
Any non-resident players wishing to participate in AAA tryouts must present an OHF AAA F1 Waiver. Players can obtain a waiver from their local AAA home center. The waiver must be presented before your first tryout to be permitted on the ice. To request an OHF AAA F1 Waiver from Huron-Perth, please visit the following link:
Huron-Perth Waiver Policy
The Huron-Perth Lakers have a "No Release" policy for players within the Huron-Perth Lakers zone. However, certain conditions do apply for requesting an OHF AAA F1 Waiver, which includes:
- The player has registered, paid, and attended at least one (1) scheduled tryout.
- The Head Coach has formerly released the player from the team.
- The player has not been offered a roster spot after the 4th day of tryouts.
Players in the U12 – U16 age divisions will be permitted to try out for any Alliance AAA team with a signed OHF AAA F1 Waiver from their local AAA Alliance Zone center. Alliance Zone players must be offered an Intent To Sign by 11:59 PM on the 4th day of tryouts, or they will become eligible for an OHF AAA F1 Waiver.
U18 Program (2006-05)
For information regarding the U18 (2006-05) program and tryouts please follow the team page below:
If you have any questions or require assistance completing any of the required forms, please contact the Huron-Perth Lakers Registrar directly using the contact information below.
Huron-Perth Lakers Registrar