Executive Position Changes & New Directors
Submitted By cmetzger on Sunday, March 25, 2007
The Lakers Executive has re-shuffled some positions and added new Directors both in advance of the upcoming tryouts and to assist in preparations for next season. The positions of President, Vice-President, and Hockey Operations Committee Chair have changed. Hugo Maaskant
- formerly Lakers Vice-President and Chair of the Hockey Operations Committee is now President of the Lakers. Hugo brings both his Lakers experience and calm leadership style to the "helm of the good ship Lakers."Todd Goetz
- formerly President, has now assumed the role of Hockey Operations Chair which will allow him to devote more time to supporting our coaches and their development so they can further the development of the players - something the Executive has identified will receive greater emphasis this upcoming season.Neil McKeown
- formerly a Director without portfolio on the Executive is now Vice-President and will assist Hugo. Neil has excellent hockey organization management experience that he brings to the Executive.Steve McIver
- joins the Executive and fills the important position of Fundraising & Sponsorship Director. Steve previously filled a similiar role with Stratford Minor Hockey and has learned the "dos" and "don'ts" of fundraising and sponsorship development. Watch for some changes and new developments coming in fundraising/sponsorship as we continue to build on our past success.Jack Chaffe
- joins the Executive as a Director without portfolio. In addition to Jack's extensive coaching experience, he also has valuable experience from his position as President of Mitchell Minor Hockey.
Congratulations to all the Executive members on their new positions and a special welcome to Jack and Steve on joining the Executive.
Information on all the Lakers Executive members is available by clicking here