Dec 16, 2021 | Mike Nicoll | 641 views
COVID-19 - Safety Precautions
With the recent Alliance announcement regarding the "pause" on all external play, we want to ensure the safety of our players is the utmost priority. The Lakers Executive Committee is implementing the following safety precautions for all teams until further notice.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide necessary updates as needed. All home games will be rescheduled to practices until we receive confirmation from the Alliance that external gameplay can resume in 2022.
- Suspension of all non-sanctioned team activities. This includes team parties, team-building events, community involvement, and fundraising initiatives. All team activities must be on the schedule and must be insured.
- More vigorous enforcement of social distancing and mask usage in the arenas, including dressing rooms. Players should wear their masks until they are ready to go on the ice. Coaches should also consider wearing masks on the ice when social distancing between players is not possible.
- Ensure there is no sharing of team items such as water bottles and towels. Every player should have their own water bottle that is clearly labelled. If you require additional water bottles or sanitization items please contact the Director of Hockey Operations, Ryan Kipfer.
- Closely monitor all facility protocols when it comes to arrival times, departure times, capacity limits, and game play restrictions. Ensure this is communicated to families prior to all team activities.
- Avoid carpooling with different households whenever possible.
Stay Safe and Happy Holidays,
Lakers Executive Committee