The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) is pleased to announce that application forms for the 2007 OHF Bursary Program are now available. The bursary is available to all participants (players, coaches, referees) registered with OHF Member Partners, such as ALLIANCE Hockey of which the Lakers are a member.
About the Program
The OHF Bursary Program will provide $21,000 in financial assistance to OHF registered participants to help offset the cost of post secondary education. The OHF Bursary Program was introduced in 1997 to recognize and reward dedication in education and hockey. In the past 10 years, the OHF has distributed more than $108,000 to over 150 post secondary students. All students who plan to enroll in a Canadian post secondary institution and are members of the OHF are eligible to receive up to $1000 in bursary funds.
OHF Bursary Program Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to receive a bursary, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered for three (3) years within the OHF in any capacity.
- Have registered with the OHF during his/her application season.
- Be a registrant in good standing with the OHF.
- Be enrolling or enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
- Meet the admission standards of the post-secondary institution that he/she attending.
- Have maintained clear academic status. Students on probation are not eligible for a Bursary.
For more information on the OHF Bursary Program, please visit the OHF website at www.ohf.on.ca . To download an application form directly, click here.
The OHF is the largest of Hockey Canada's 13 Branches with over 230,000 registered participants. The Federation governs minor, junior and senior hockey with the support of its seven Member Partners. The OHF along with Hockey Northwestern Ontario and the Ottawa District Hockey Association govern amateur hockey in the Province of Ontario.
If you have any questions regarding the OHF Bursary Program, please contact:
Ontario Hockey Federation
Coordinator, Hockey Development
Tel: (416) 426-7038
Email: [email protected]